Our very first runner was a Tarahumara. He was dressed in a T-shirt, a traditional thigh-length skirt, and was running in huaraches – thin sandals that are made from tires. When he rolled up to our aid station, he immediately took out a water bottle and I asked, “water? agua?” “Si.” As I was filling up his bottle he started to ask for something specific. “Yellow?” Unfortunately I couldn’t understand his request. We thought perhaps he wanted Gatorade, but it became clear this wasn’t want he Continue reading →
Team Rabe: Anna & Dwight Rabe We are a recently married thirty-something couple who explore, adventure, and live Not a Pedestrian Life. We are Team Rabe
NAPL: Recent Posts
- Are you Strong? 12 Strong? 12 Strong giveaway!
- 2017 in Review: Assessing Goals and Achievements
- Race Report | Kepler Track Challenge near Te Anau | New Zealand | The Glorious Loop
- Exploring Lake Manapouri and Te Anau
- The longest flight in the world and sleeping on long haul flights
- Tapering and Thinking about Kepler
- Packing for New Zealand and Australia
- Not a Pedestrian Life’s Antipodean Adventure 2017
- Best New Mexico Coffee Places!
- We Bought Plane Tickets!!
- Pace Report: Leadville Trail 100 Run
- A New Not a Pedestrian Life Adventure! Time to go down under!
Top Posts & Pages
adventure airports australia california Colorado community distance domestic dreamcatchers dreams expat foreign spouse grandmother home immigrant international local love marathon marriage military spouse military wife moving newcastle New Mexico new zealand nomad notapedestrianlife nsw ohio overland from oz racing running solo traveler team rabe texas trail running trains travel ultramarathon ultra marathon USA utah woman woman traveler